Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day Seven – Saturday, Sept 7th, 2013.


I just realized this is a good way to remember what day and date it is!

The change of lifestyle is playing havoc with my personal calendar! I recall someone saying to me once that not knowing the date or day of the week was a good thing? Really?

Its 1130am Central time and we are packing up camp here at Baraboo/Devil’s Lake. A great State Park if you are ever out this way. It’s been hot most of the trip but now I am really starting to notice the humidity. In fact as I sit here writing this exerting no physical energy at all, I am turning into a puddle!
I’m not used to this nor am I particularly enjoying it as I ponder how bad this humidity will get as we head farther east and then south eventually hitting the Florida Keys?

All has been good, very relaxing since being here listening to the cicada’s making their noise is now almost peaceful. I guess we are getting used to them?

This afternoon we will head SW down through Chicago (no I don’t think we will stop to get a Chicago style deep dish pizza) and not sure where we will end up for the night. Likely another Wal-Mart night coming up? I’ve heard there are Toll Roads coming our way so will have to make sure we have change for them.

Last February we got caught driving from the airport in Orlando, Florida out to where we were racing at Daytona Beach. The car rental attendant said we wouldn’t hit any Tolls but I’m sure we must have hit every one! In fact it was so bad we finally found a place to pull off to get some change only to have to pay another Toll to get back onto the same freeway.

It began to get quite comical as we saw each sign at each booth (they were un-manned booths) telling us how much the fines were for not paying! After a few I turned and looked at Barb and said, “well that’s close to $500.00!

As it turned out later on we did get the fine in the mail with a surprise, it only cost us $15.00 for some reason? I’m still not sure why we got away so cheap?

Perhaps it was after a few booths I learned to wait for the next car to come up behind me. We didn’t have to wait long! Once he did then I would pull forward let him pay and the gate would open and we both would drive through. I was hoping the cameras didn’t get a picture of my license plate by doing this. I hope all those cars behind me didn’t get the pictures and fines that I deserved!

That’s all my stories for now.
Hope you all have as great a day as we are about to have!

PS:
Its 940pm EST (I think?) and we just pulled into a Truck Stop outside of Elkhart, Indiana for the night. Borrowed Wi-Fi from the Burger King here to send these updates. 

Any missing pictures will be added later.

We are tired... haven driven through Chicago with miles of road construction and traffic. Add the Toll Booths just for fun. I can’t recall how many there were but likely 4 just coming into Chicago! One of them leaving Chicago and Illinois charged us almost $16.00! 
Welcome to Illinois!

More on that later, Good Night! Haha!
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment, we'd love to hear from you!