Monday, January 27, 2014

Beachcombing on the Gulf of Mexico - Jan 27, 2014.

Yesterday turned out to be much nicer than we thought it was going to be so we got out and did a couple of sessions of Beachcombing here at St. Joseph State Park. Later in the evening we did a nice bicycle ride around the State Park area as well.

This morning we woke up for another beautiful morning. It was actually warm with no wind! I know I shouldn't be complaining about the weather we have had but once you get climatized to the hot & humid weather that we had before, even 55 F feels like its below zero!

Today it is supposed to hit 67F so all is right with the world today!
The weatherman says we may get a chance of snow flurries coming on Wednesday. I will believe that when I see it... and I will post photos too should it occur. Did I mention they had flurries in New Orleans the other day uggh!

This morning I am sitting in the car down the road from home. My radio is on (loud & high) as I sit with my laptop while borrowing a wifi signal from a closed concession stand.

As I sit here and write there is a slight breeze to the fresh ocean air on the bay here. Add in the sounds of seagulls as they fly around the bay in the background. The ocean is blue and green with that beautiful caribbean look to it, you can see the white sand hidden in the depths beneath.

I look out into the sky as the clouds go by us from the Gulf of Mexico and ask myself "would you ever have believed you'd be doing this five years ago?" No...

I can not complain, not even when the weather gets bad for Florida.
We are just so thankful for this opportunity.

This lifestyle can make you really HAPPY!
Just ask Barb!
This morning we met a couple from Switzerland.
They are camping in our campground and they are now parked beside us borrowing the free wifi signal just like we are. I saw their VW camper-van the other day wondering if they were from Europe? 

They will be travelling along a similar route as we do (westbound) and then north on to Canada. They will be arriving in Calgary around the end of May so we hope to keep in touch. I hope that I can help them along the way with places to see and stay too.

Here are some photos from yesterday:

A boardwalk along the beach dunes with the tall Pine trees.

"Barb... I think he is looking at me?"
Double click to zoom in.
Big open beaches, perfect for Beachcombing!
The tide comes in and the tide goes out...
Wild Sea Oats along the beaches
& the beginning of another happy sunset.
Until next time my friends!



4 comments:

  1. An interesting post that I enjoyed reading. Some nice photos.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrew, glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Jospeh SP looks like yet another beautiful Florida park. Love your photos, particularly the one of Barb and the little sand crab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb was really happy that day, the sand crab was crabby!

      Delete

Leave us a comment, we'd love to hear from you!